Libya can try Gaddafi`s son, says ICC
Tripoli: The International Criminal Court`s prosecutor says Libya can put Moammar Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir apparent on trial at home, but The Hague court will help and its judges must be involved.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo was in Tripoli on Tuesday for talks with Libya`s new leaders about their plans try Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.
The son of the former Libyan leader was captured Saturday in southern Libya.
The ICC has charged him with crimes against humanity. Libya`s new leaders have said they will try Seif al-Islam at home even though they have yet to set up a court system.
Moreno-Ocampo says if Libya does so, "we will discuss with them how to inform the judges and they can do it, but our judges have to be involved."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials