Libya: Gaddafi`s men using rape to take on rebels
Tripoli: Fuelled by Viagra, the forces of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi are reportedly using rape as a weapon of war against rebels, including children as young as eight years.
The Daily Mail quoted aid workers as describing how Gaddafi`s forces are carrying out widespread sexual abuse, including an incident in which a group of girls was abducted and held hostage for four days.
Some of these children were too traumatised to speak about the incident after their release, while others said they were being forced to watch as their fathers were murdered and their mothers raped.
Harrowing stories of sexual assaults against women and children have emerged from those who have fled the besieged cities of Misrata, Ajdabia and Rus-Lanuf.
Michael Mahrt, child protection adviser of Save The Children, said the reports of sexual violence against children are unconfirmed but they are `consistent and were repeated across the four camps we visited`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?