Libya: Gaddafi`s men using rape to take on rebels
Tripoli: Fuelled by Viagra, the forces of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi are reportedly using rape as a weapon of war against rebels, including children as young as eight years.
The Daily Mail quoted aid workers as describing how Gaddafi`s forces are carrying out widespread sexual abuse, including an incident in which a group of girls was abducted and held hostage for four days.
Some of these children were too traumatised to speak about the incident after their release, while others said they were being forced to watch as their fathers were murdered and their mothers raped.
Harrowing stories of sexual assaults against women and children have emerged from those who have fled the besieged cities of Misrata, Ajdabia and Rus-Lanuf.
Michael Mahrt, child protection adviser of Save The Children, said the reports of sexual violence against children are unconfirmed but they are `consistent and were repeated across the four camps we visited`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP