Libya: Gaddafi`s men using rape to take on rebels
Tripoli: Fuelled by Viagra, the forces of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi are reportedly using rape as a weapon of war against rebels, including children as young as eight years.
The Daily Mail quoted aid workers as describing how Gaddafi`s forces are carrying out widespread sexual abuse, including an incident in which a group of girls was abducted and held hostage for four days.
Some of these children were too traumatised to speak about the incident after their release, while others said they were being forced to watch as their fathers were murdered and their mothers raped.
Harrowing stories of sexual assaults against women and children have emerged from those who have fled the besieged cities of Misrata, Ajdabia and Rus-Lanuf.
Michael Mahrt, child protection adviser of Save The Children, said the reports of sexual violence against children are unconfirmed but they are `consistent and were repeated across the four camps we visited`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30