Libya jailbreak: 150 African immigrants flee prison
Tripoli: As many as 150 illegal African immigrants escaped Wednesday night from a Libyan prison, located in Gharyan city, some 80 km from here.
The immigrants exploited bad weather condition and attacked the prison guards, leaving three guards injured, reported Xinhua citing a local official Thursday.
The guards had to open fire at the escapees, leaving an unidentified number of them wounded, the official said.
Though a manhunt has been launched, the guards do not have sufficient equipment for jail security, he said.
Libya has been suffering from the flow of illegal immigrants via land and sea borders due to worsening security situation following February`s upheaval that toppled former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical