Libya jailbreak: 150 African immigrants flee prison
Tripoli: As many as 150 illegal African immigrants escaped Wednesday night from a Libyan prison, located in Gharyan city, some 80 km from here.
The immigrants exploited bad weather condition and attacked the prison guards, leaving three guards injured, reported Xinhua citing a local official Thursday.
The guards had to open fire at the escapees, leaving an unidentified number of them wounded, the official said.
Though a manhunt has been launched, the guards do not have sufficient equipment for jail security, he said.
Libya has been suffering from the flow of illegal immigrants via land and sea borders due to worsening security situation following February`s upheaval that toppled former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP