Libya makes arrests over US consulate attack
Tripoli: Libyan authorities have reportedly arrested several people in connection with the attack on the US envoy and three other American officials in Benghazi.
Libyan officials said that those arrested are being interrogated on suspicion of having instigated the attack.
According to the BBC, new Libyan Prime Minister Mustafa Abu Shaqur said that the investigation was making progress.
The attack took place on Tuesday night during protests over a US-made film that mocks Prophet Mohammed.
Similar protests have spread across the Middle East and North Africa.
Four US embassy staff died in the clashes in Benghazi, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Meanwhile, US President Barack Obama has promised to do whatever is necessary to protect US citizens abroad and said he was urging foreign governments to guarantee their security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'