`Libya offering money, weapons to Syrian rebels’
Tripoli: Syrian rebels held secret talks with Libya’s new rulers in an attempt to secure weapons and money for their insurgency against President Bashar al-Assad`s regime, it has emerged.
According to the Telegraph, at the meeting held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested ‘assistance’ from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms, and potentially volunteers.
"There is something being planned to send weapons and even Libyan fighters to Syria," the paper quoted a Libyan source, as saying.
“There is a military intervention on the way. Within a few weeks you will see,” the source added.
The report also disclosed that preliminary discussions about arms supplies took place when members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), the country’s main opposition movement, visited Libya earlier this month.
The paper quoted a human rights campaigner with links to the SNC, as saying that ‘the Libyans are offering money, training and weapons to the Syrian National Council’.
The disclosure came as rebels reportedly raided an Air Force base outside the city of Homs and killed six pilots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!