`Libya offering money, weapons to Syrian rebels’
Tripoli: Syrian rebels held secret talks with Libya’s new rulers in an attempt to secure weapons and money for their insurgency against President Bashar al-Assad`s regime, it has emerged.
According to the Telegraph, at the meeting held in Istanbul and included Turkish officials, the Syrians requested ‘assistance’ from the Libyan representatives and were offered arms, and potentially volunteers.
"There is something being planned to send weapons and even Libyan fighters to Syria," the paper quoted a Libyan source, as saying.
“There is a military intervention on the way. Within a few weeks you will see,” the source added.
The report also disclosed that preliminary discussions about arms supplies took place when members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), the country’s main opposition movement, visited Libya earlier this month.
The paper quoted a human rights campaigner with links to the SNC, as saying that ‘the Libyans are offering money, training and weapons to the Syrian National Council’.
The disclosure came as rebels reportedly raided an Air Force base outside the city of Homs and killed six pilots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’