Libya `on verge of civil war`: Medvedev
Moscow: Libya is on the verge of civil war,
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said today, in one of the
starkest warnings yet by a world leader over the situation in
"This is an extreme situation," he told Russia`s
Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu, according to state news
"Libya was and is on the verge of civil war and our main
task was to save our people there (Russian citizens)," he
said, praising the operation to evacuate Russians from Libya.
"During such events (such as in Libya) there is usually a
complete disorganisation in the management of the state. And
this is what we are seeing," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know