Libya `on verge of civil war`: Medvedev
Moscow: Libya is on the verge of civil war,
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said today, in one of the
starkest warnings yet by a world leader over the situation in
"This is an extreme situation," he told Russia`s
Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu, according to state news
"Libya was and is on the verge of civil war and our main
task was to save our people there (Russian citizens)," he
said, praising the operation to evacuate Russians from Libya.
"During such events (such as in Libya) there is usually a
complete disorganisation in the management of the state. And
this is what we are seeing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'