Libya `on verge of civil war`: Medvedev
Moscow: Libya is on the verge of civil war,
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said today, in one of the
starkest warnings yet by a world leader over the situation in
"This is an extreme situation," he told Russia`s
Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu, according to state news
"Libya was and is on the verge of civil war and our main
task was to save our people there (Russian citizens)," he
said, praising the operation to evacuate Russians from Libya.
"During such events (such as in Libya) there is usually a
complete disorganisation in the management of the state. And
this is what we are seeing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray