Libya operation may last weeks, not months: France
Paris: France`s foreign minister says the international military operation against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s forces may last days or weeks — but not months.
Alain Juppe also says that he hopes the campaign in Libya serves as a warning to autocratic regimes elsewhere, including in Syria and Saudi Arabia.
Juppe spoke to reporters on Thursday, ahead of EU and NATO meetings expected to discuss how to better coordinate the campaign of airstrikes on Libya.
France helped lead the diplomatic push for a UN-sanctioned no-fly zone over Libya to protect civilians from Gaddafi`s forces, and French warplanes fired the first strikes in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy