Libya operation may last weeks, not months: France
Paris: France`s foreign minister says the international military operation against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s forces may last days or weeks — but not months.
Alain Juppe also says that he hopes the campaign in Libya serves as a warning to autocratic regimes elsewhere, including in Syria and Saudi Arabia.
Juppe spoke to reporters on Thursday, ahead of EU and NATO meetings expected to discuss how to better coordinate the campaign of airstrikes on Libya.
France helped lead the diplomatic push for a UN-sanctioned no-fly zone over Libya to protect civilians from Gaddafi`s forces, and French warplanes fired the first strikes in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi