Libya rebel head in Italy for talks
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi was set to meet the head of Libya`s rebel National Transitional Council on Thursday for talks aimed at securing Italian business interests in
The talks with Mahmud Jibril, due to start at 1030 GMT in Milan, are likely to address financial aid for the rebels without waiting for the United Nations to release Libyan funds
frozen at the start of the uprising.
The Italian Prime Minister and his Libyan counterpart are also likely to discuss plans to re-open Italian energy giant ENI`s plants in the conflict-torn country, all but one of
which were shut down after the uprising began.
According to the Repubblica newspaper, Italy will announce 450 million euros (USD 650 million) in aid, to be guaranteed by the Libyan funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes