Libya rebel head in Italy for talks
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi was set to meet the head of Libya`s rebel National Transitional Council on Thursday for talks aimed at securing Italian business interests in
The talks with Mahmud Jibril, due to start at 1030 GMT in Milan, are likely to address financial aid for the rebels without waiting for the United Nations to release Libyan funds
frozen at the start of the uprising.
The Italian Prime Minister and his Libyan counterpart are also likely to discuss plans to re-open Italian energy giant ENI`s plants in the conflict-torn country, all but one of
which were shut down after the uprising began.
According to the Repubblica newspaper, Italy will announce 450 million euros (USD 650 million) in aid, to be guaranteed by the Libyan funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui