Libya rebel head in Italy for talks
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi was set to meet the head of Libya`s rebel National Transitional Council on Thursday for talks aimed at securing Italian business interests in
The talks with Mahmud Jibril, due to start at 1030 GMT in Milan, are likely to address financial aid for the rebels without waiting for the United Nations to release Libyan funds
frozen at the start of the uprising.
The Italian Prime Minister and his Libyan counterpart are also likely to discuss plans to re-open Italian energy giant ENI`s plants in the conflict-torn country, all but one of
which were shut down after the uprising began.
According to the Repubblica newspaper, Italy will announce 450 million euros (USD 650 million) in aid, to be guaranteed by the Libyan funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion