Libya rebel head in Italy for talks
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi was set to meet the head of Libya`s rebel National Transitional Council on Thursday for talks aimed at securing Italian business interests in
The talks with Mahmud Jibril, due to start at 1030 GMT in Milan, are likely to address financial aid for the rebels without waiting for the United Nations to release Libyan funds
frozen at the start of the uprising.
The Italian Prime Minister and his Libyan counterpart are also likely to discuss plans to re-open Italian energy giant ENI`s plants in the conflict-torn country, all but one of
which were shut down after the uprising began.
According to the Repubblica newspaper, Italy will announce 450 million euros (USD 650 million) in aid, to be guaranteed by the Libyan funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!