Libya reinstated to UN Human Rights Council
New York: The UN General Assembly has reinstated Libya to the UN Human Rights Council, Xinhua reported on Saturday.
The UN General Assembly on Friday voted to reinstate Libya`s membership to the UN Human Rights Council, which was suspended in early March.
It was another milestone for the political life of the north African country in the wake of seven-month conflict which toppled the regime of former leader Muammar Gaddafi, the report stated.
Libya`s ruling National Transitional Council (NTC) said that it understood the March suspension to have been a key sign of solidarity with the rebel uprising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details