Libya to move Gaddafi`s son to Tripoli for trial
Tripoli: Libya`s prosecutor general says Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the only son of the former dictator in custody in the country, will be moved to Tripoli to join 37 former regime members in a pre-trial session over charges of murder and crimes committed during 2011 civil war.
Abdel-Qader Radwan told reporters that Gaddafi`s son will be facing an "indictment chamber" Thursday at Tripoli Criminal Court along with former spy chief Abdullah al-Senoussi and other defendants. He said today that the hearing will not be open to public.
Amnesty International has urged authorities to "immediately hand" Gaddafi`s son and al-Senoussi to the International Criminal Court where they are wanted on charges of crimes against humanity.
Amnesty official Hassiba Hadj Sahrahoui said today that a trial in Libya "today will not serve justice."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!