Libyan deputy industry minister killed
Tripoli: Some unidentified men shot dead Libya`s deputy industry minister Hassan Darole in Sirte city, medical and security sources said Sunday.
Darole was gunned down by unknown militants near a market in downtown Sirte during a visit to his hometown, Xinhua quoted a security source as saying in Sirte, 500 km from Libya`s capital and largest city Tripoli.
"We received Darole`s body with several bullet holes," a medical source at Ibn Sina Hospital said.
Darole was also a member of the National Transitional Council formed in the wake of the 2011 unrest which toppled the nation`s long-time leader Muammar Gaddafi.
He was named as undersecretary of the industry ministry and then appointed as deputy minister in the current interim government.
His assassination marks the first killing of a political figure in Libya after the revolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM