Libyan diplomat to Tanzania commits suicide
Dar es Salaam: The acting Libyan ambassador to Tanzania, Ismail Nwairat, committed suicide Tuesday afternoon, Tanzanian government announced Wednesday.
A statement issued by Tanzanian ministry of foreign affairs and international cooperation said Nwairat shot himself to death in his office, Xinhua reported.
"Information we have received from the Libyan embassy said Nwairat shot himself in the left side of his chest in the afternoon Tuesday while he was in his office," said the statement issued by the ministry`s spokesperson Mkumbwa Ally.
The statement said on hearing the gun shot, officers at the embassy broke the door of the diplomat`s office and found him lying in a pool of blood.
"They rushed the diplomat to AMI Hospital in Oysterbay where he was pronounced dead," the statement said, adding that police have confirmed the death.
The statement said that the Libyan embassy was making arrangements to ferry the body of Nwairat to Libya for burial.
Suleiman Kova, the regional police commander for the Dar es Salaam special zone, confirmed the death of the diplomat, saying police have started investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog