Libyan diplomat to Tanzania commits suicide
Dar es Salaam: The acting Libyan ambassador to Tanzania, Ismail Nwairat, committed suicide Tuesday afternoon, Tanzanian government announced Wednesday.
A statement issued by Tanzanian ministry of foreign affairs and international cooperation said Nwairat shot himself to death in his office, Xinhua reported.
"Information we have received from the Libyan embassy said Nwairat shot himself in the left side of his chest in the afternoon Tuesday while he was in his office," said the statement issued by the ministry`s spokesperson Mkumbwa Ally.
The statement said on hearing the gun shot, officers at the embassy broke the door of the diplomat`s office and found him lying in a pool of blood.
"They rushed the diplomat to AMI Hospital in Oysterbay where he was pronounced dead," the statement said, adding that police have confirmed the death.
The statement said that the Libyan embassy was making arrangements to ferry the body of Nwairat to Libya for burial.
Suleiman Kova, the regional police commander for the Dar es Salaam special zone, confirmed the death of the diplomat, saying police have started investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise