Libyan fighters demand salary from NTC
Tripoli: Hundreds of Libyan fighters protested outside a hotel in the capital Tripoli Saturday evening, asking for salary from the ruling National Transitional Council (NTC), Xinhua reported.
The NTC fighters said they have not been paid since they took up arms in March.
The fighters gathered in front of the Radison Blu hotel where NTC oil and finance chief Ali Tarhouni has his office.
"We need money to buy food for our family ahead of Eid al Adha as food prices have increased sharply," a fighter named Ahmed Hamaza told Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister