Libyan fighters demand salary from NTC
Tripoli: Hundreds of Libyan fighters protested outside a hotel in the capital Tripoli Saturday evening, asking for salary from the ruling National Transitional Council (NTC), Xinhua reported.
The NTC fighters said they have not been paid since they took up arms in March.
The fighters gathered in front of the Radison Blu hotel where NTC oil and finance chief Ali Tarhouni has his office.
"We need money to buy food for our family ahead of Eid al Adha as food prices have increased sharply," a fighter named Ahmed Hamaza told Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY