Libyan fighters demand salary from NTC
Tripoli: Hundreds of Libyan fighters protested outside a hotel in the capital Tripoli Saturday evening, asking for salary from the ruling National Transitional Council (NTC), Xinhua reported.
The NTC fighters said they have not been paid since they took up arms in March.
The fighters gathered in front of the Radison Blu hotel where NTC oil and finance chief Ali Tarhouni has his office.
"We need money to buy food for our family ahead of Eid al Adha as food prices have increased sharply," a fighter named Ahmed Hamaza told Xinhua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?