Libyan intelligence chief denies defection rumors
Tripoli: Libya`s chief of intelligence is knocking down rumors that he is among the government insiders who have abandoned their embattled leader, Muammar Gaddafi.
Libyan state TV aired a phone interview with the official, Bouzeid Dorda, who denied that he defected and said he will not "betray the people or the leader."
He said he never thought to the leave the country and will remain steadfast with Gaddafi "despite everything."
Two members of Gaddafi`s inner circle, including his foreign minister, have abandoned him in recent days as international airstrikes against Libya continued. While fighting between government and rebel forces appears to be drifting toward stalemate, coalition diplomatic efforts are focused on breaking Gaddafi`s hold on power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days