Libyan intelligence officer slain
Tripoli: A member of the intelligence services was slain on Thursday in a Libyan town, official sources told EFE.
The victim, Mohammed el Fekhari, was at home in Al Abyar, a town 50 km southeast of Benghazi, when someone knocked on the door, asked for the intelligence officer and shot him.
Authorities are still trying to identify the shooter, who fled in a vehicle, the sources said.
Benghazi, Libya`s second-largest city, was the bastion of the rebellion that led to the toppling of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi`s regime after four decades in power.
The coastal metropolis has been the scene in recent months of attacks and assassinations that have left scores of people dead and wounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement