Libyan intelligence officer slain
Tripoli: A member of the intelligence services was slain on Thursday in a Libyan town, official sources told EFE.
The victim, Mohammed el Fekhari, was at home in Al Abyar, a town 50 km southeast of Benghazi, when someone knocked on the door, asked for the intelligence officer and shot him.
Authorities are still trying to identify the shooter, who fled in a vehicle, the sources said.
Benghazi, Libya`s second-largest city, was the bastion of the rebellion that led to the toppling of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi`s regime after four decades in power.
The coastal metropolis has been the scene in recent months of attacks and assassinations that have left scores of people dead and wounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!