Libyan interior minister resigns
Tripoli: Libyan Interior Minister Fawzi Abdelali resigned Sunday after being attacked for the performance of the security forces during a surge of violence, Al-Jazeera TV reported.
The country’s security forces were criticised for double car bombings that killed two people on the day Muslims celebrated the feast of Eid-ul-Fitr a week ago in Tripoli and attacks on several Muslim shrines in the past few days, Xinhua reported.
The criticism has come mainly from the General National Congress, which Sunday accused the interior ministry’s High Security Committee of being lax.
Dozens of protesters responded to calls on Internet social networks and took to the streets of the capital Sunday to denounce the destruction of the mausoleums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued