Libyan interior minister resigns
Tripoli: Libyan Interior Minister Fawzi Abdelali resigned Sunday after being attacked for the performance of the security forces during a surge of violence, Al-Jazeera TV reported.
The country’s security forces were criticised for double car bombings that killed two people on the day Muslims celebrated the feast of Eid-ul-Fitr a week ago in Tripoli and attacks on several Muslim shrines in the past few days, Xinhua reported.
The criticism has come mainly from the General National Congress, which Sunday accused the interior ministry’s High Security Committee of being lax.
Dozens of protesters responded to calls on Internet social networks and took to the streets of the capital Sunday to denounce the destruction of the mausoleums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt