Libyan military court tries Gaddafi loyalists
Tripoli: A Libyan prosecutor says 40 suspects have appeared before a military tribunal in the country`s first trial of Moammar Gaddafi loyalists since the dictator`s overthrow.
The proceedings that opened Sunday in a Benghazi military base have been adjourned until Feb. 14.
Benghazi-based prosecutor Mohammed Mathi said Monday that this is the first trial of Gaddafi loyalists.
During Libya`s uprising and eight-month civil war last year, Gaddafi`s forces launched deadly attacks on cities, leaving thousands of people killed and injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives