Libyan military court tries Gaddafi loyalists
Tripoli: A Libyan prosecutor says 40 suspects have appeared before a military tribunal in the country`s first trial of Moammar Gaddafi loyalists since the dictator`s overthrow.
The proceedings that opened Sunday in a Benghazi military base have been adjourned until Feb. 14.
Benghazi-based prosecutor Mohammed Mathi said Monday that this is the first trial of Gaddafi loyalists.
During Libya`s uprising and eight-month civil war last year, Gaddafi`s forces launched deadly attacks on cities, leaving thousands of people killed and injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!