Libyan PM accuses Congressmen for his abduction
Tripoli: Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has accused two congressmen for plotting his abduction earlier this month.
Speaking at a press conference on Sunday afternoon, Zeidan said, "Gunmen belonging to the Chamber of Libyan Rebels had the intention of taking me to Zawyia city, but they soon changed their destination and brought me to the headquarters of the joint operation security room`s anti-crime unit in Alfornaj, south of Tripoli."
"The strange thing was that the hijackers talked as congressmen Mohamed Al Kilani and Mustafa al-Triki did, whom I met one day before my abduction," Zeidan told the press.
Zeidan claimed that the two ministers sharply disagreed with him on the interim government`s security strategy, adding the two blamed him for the ongoing armed conflict between the Zawiya and Warshfana districts.
Al-Kilani and al-Triki are both form the city of Zawyia, 50 km west of Tripoli, Xinhua reported.
The city is well known as one of the strongholds of the revolutionary forces during the Libyan 2011 uprising.
After eight months of civil war, Zawiya is now locked in a bloody rivalry with its neighbor village Warshfana, which is still considered loyal to the former regime.
In a joint press conference held at General National Congress` headquarters shortly after Zeidan addressed the media, Al Kilani and al-Traiki accused Zeidan of bribery and of not renouncing his German nationality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- RSS turning temples into storehouses of arms: Kerala minister
- Curfew lifted from Pulwama; situation in Kashmir improving
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails