Libyan president says he survived attack
Tripoli: Libya`s interim president says he has survived an assassination attempt in an oasis city in the country`s southern deserts.
Mohammed al-Megarif, who is also head of parliament, told state TV late Sunday that he was unharmed in the attack. He says unidentified assailants opened fire on the hotel where he was staying in Sabha overnight on Saturday.
He says that three of his bodyguards were wounded in clashes that lasted nearly three hours until dawn.
The attack comes less than a month after parliament declared the south a restricted military zone and closed its borders with neighbouring African states to curb illegal migrants and the smuggling of weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic