Libyan president says he survived attack
Tripoli: Libya`s interim president says he has survived an assassination attempt in an oasis city in the country`s southern deserts.
Mohammed al-Megarif, who is also head of parliament, told state TV late Sunday that he was unharmed in the attack. He says unidentified assailants opened fire on the hotel where he was staying in Sabha overnight on Saturday.
He says that three of his bodyguards were wounded in clashes that lasted nearly three hours until dawn.
The attack comes less than a month after parliament declared the south a restricted military zone and closed its borders with neighbouring African states to curb illegal migrants and the smuggling of weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations