Libyan president says he survived attack
Tripoli: Libya`s interim president says he has survived an assassination attempt in an oasis city in the country`s southern deserts.
Mohammed al-Megarif, who is also head of parliament, told state TV late Sunday that he was unharmed in the attack. He says unidentified assailants opened fire on the hotel where he was staying in Sabha overnight on Saturday.
He says that three of his bodyguards were wounded in clashes that lasted nearly three hours until dawn.
The attack comes less than a month after parliament declared the south a restricted military zone and closed its borders with neighbouring African states to curb illegal migrants and the smuggling of weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond