Libyan rebels loot seized towns: Rights group
Tripoli: Human Rights Watch says Libya`s rebels have looted homes, medical facilities and shops in some of the towns they`ve seized in the country`s western mountains.
The New York-based group called on rebel commanders in a statement released on Wednesday to hold their forces responsible for damaging civilian property.
Rebels seeking to oust Muammar Gaddafi have expanded the area under their control in recent months in the Nafusa mountains, southwest of the capital Tripoli.
Since the anti-Gaddafi uprising broke out in February, they have also seized much of the country`s east and the coastal city of Misrata.
Rebel commanders could not be immediately reached for comment. Human Rights Watch says they acknowledged that some abuses had taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan