Libyan rebels loot seized towns: Rights group
Tripoli: Human Rights Watch says Libya`s rebels have looted homes, medical facilities and shops in some of the towns they`ve seized in the country`s western mountains.
The New York-based group called on rebel commanders in a statement released on Wednesday to hold their forces responsible for damaging civilian property.
Rebels seeking to oust Muammar Gaddafi have expanded the area under their control in recent months in the Nafusa mountains, southwest of the capital Tripoli.
Since the anti-Gaddafi uprising broke out in February, they have also seized much of the country`s east and the coastal city of Misrata.
Rebel commanders could not be immediately reached for comment. Human Rights Watch says they acknowledged that some abuses had taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video