‘Libyan security committee probing attack on US consulate`
Tripoli: A security committee of the Libyan interior ministry has launched an investigation into the attack on US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, an official of the committee said Wednesday.
The official, Ibrahim Shrikssya, said at a press conference held late Wednesday in the Libyan capital Tripoli that the attack occurred after some unidentified people detonated an explosive device near the fence of the US consulate, and the security committee``s branch in Benghazi has identified the number plate of the vehicle used by the assailants.
Shrikssya stressed that security situation in Benghazi and most Libyan cities is "excellent" despite rumors by some media and people of the former regime to destabilize the country.
He said the ministries of interior and defense are ready to fully secure the General National Council election scheduled later this month.
The security committee has held meetings to prepare for the security of the election and determined to deploy about 40,000 of security troops to secure the election process across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog