Libyan website call for celebrating Gaddafi`s birthday
Tripoli: A Libyan website on Thursday called for celebrations to mark what would have been the 70th birthday of slain leader Muammar Gaddafi.
"We offer to organise the leader`s birthday celebration," said the pro-Gaddafi Libya Free Press website.
"Gaddafi always is a very unfavourable figure for world political elite - a bright, independent and fantastically popular person," it said.
The website said the late leader was born June 7, 1942.
Gaddafi was killed in his native city of Sirte Oct 20 last year by rebel fighters who toppled his regime that lasted more than 40 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing