Libyan woman claiming rape will face charges
Tripoli: A Libyan government spokesman
says the woman who burst into a hotel to tell foreign
journalists how she was gang raped by Moammar Gaddafi`s troops
will face criminal charges.
Moussa Ibrahim said today the men accused by Iman
al-Obeidi have filed a case against her, calling her
accusations a "grave offense."
Al-Obeidi rushed distraught into a Tripoli hotel on
Saturday, seeking to speak about her ordeal. She was tackled
by waitresses and government minders and dragged away from the
site, and has since been missing. Her parents claim she is
held hostage at Gaddafi`s compound in the Libyan capital.
Libyan authorities have alternately labelled al-Obeidi
a drunk, a prostitute and a thief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Samajwadi Party party of one family and goons: Amit Shah
- Ranbir Kapoor-Salman Khan to heat up 'chilly' 2017 Christmas
- Jharkhand BJP chief's son accused of sexual exploitation, marrying a minor
- Mark Ruffalo wants full-fledged solo movie on 'Black Widow'
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs