Libyan woman claiming rape will face charges
Tripoli: A Libyan government spokesman
says the woman who burst into a hotel to tell foreign
journalists how she was gang raped by Moammar Gaddafi`s troops
will face criminal charges.
Moussa Ibrahim said today the men accused by Iman
al-Obeidi have filed a case against her, calling her
accusations a "grave offense."
Al-Obeidi rushed distraught into a Tripoli hotel on
Saturday, seeking to speak about her ordeal. She was tackled
by waitresses and government minders and dragged away from the
site, and has since been missing. Her parents claim she is
held hostage at Gaddafi`s compound in the Libyan capital.
Libyan authorities have alternately labelled al-Obeidi
a drunk, a prostitute and a thief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply