Libyan woman who claimed rape leaves to US
Benghazi: A relative says a Libyan woman
who claimed she was raped by Gaddafi troops says she has left
Libya on her way to the United States.
Marwa al-Obeidi says her sister Iman was flown out of
Benghazi early on Sunday morning.
The sister told a news agency that a human
rights group aided by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton arranged for Iman and their father to travel in a
private plane to the US by way of Malta and Austria.
In March, Iman al-Obeidi burst into a hotel in the
Libyan capital of Tripoli where foreign journalists were
staying to tell her story of being gang raped by Gaddafi
Several days ago she was suddenly deported from Qatar,
where she was seeking asylum. She was flown to Benghazi, the
de facto capital of Libya`s rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'