Libyan woman who claimed rape leaves to US
Benghazi: A relative says a Libyan woman
who claimed she was raped by Gaddafi troops says she has left
Libya on her way to the United States.
Marwa al-Obeidi says her sister Iman was flown out of
Benghazi early on Sunday morning.
The sister told a news agency that a human
rights group aided by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton arranged for Iman and their father to travel in a
private plane to the US by way of Malta and Austria.
In March, Iman al-Obeidi burst into a hotel in the
Libyan capital of Tripoli where foreign journalists were
staying to tell her story of being gang raped by Gaddafi
Several days ago she was suddenly deported from Qatar,
where she was seeking asylum. She was flown to Benghazi, the
de facto capital of Libya`s rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aryan Khan looks so Bollywood ready! Are filmmakers listening?
- Union Cabinet reshuffle? PM Modi seeks 'self appraisal' report from NDA govt ministers
- Rio Olympics: IOC denies wild card entry to Mary Kom for quadrennial event
- Hall of Shame: SBI says no law broken in funding cluster bomb maker
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Case filed in UP court