Libyan woman who claimed rape leaves to US
Benghazi: A relative says a Libyan woman
who claimed she was raped by Gaddafi troops says she has left
Libya on her way to the United States.
Marwa al-Obeidi says her sister Iman was flown out of
Benghazi early on Sunday morning.
The sister told a news agency that a human
rights group aided by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton arranged for Iman and their father to travel in a
private plane to the US by way of Malta and Austria.
In March, Iman al-Obeidi burst into a hotel in the
Libyan capital of Tripoli where foreign journalists were
staying to tell her story of being gang raped by Gaddafi
Several days ago she was suddenly deported from Qatar,
where she was seeking asylum. She was flown to Benghazi, the
de facto capital of Libya`s rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7
- Say whaaat! Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat is now 'Mother Sofia' – Pics inside