Libyan woman who claimed rape leaves to US
Benghazi: A relative says a Libyan woman
who claimed she was raped by Gaddafi troops says she has left
Libya on her way to the United States.
Marwa al-Obeidi says her sister Iman was flown out of
Benghazi early on Sunday morning.
The sister told a news agency that a human
rights group aided by US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton arranged for Iman and their father to travel in a
private plane to the US by way of Malta and Austria.
In March, Iman al-Obeidi burst into a hotel in the
Libyan capital of Tripoli where foreign journalists were
staying to tell her story of being gang raped by Gaddafi
Several days ago she was suddenly deported from Qatar,
where she was seeking asylum. She was flown to Benghazi, the
de facto capital of Libya`s rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read