Libya''s militant group to stay in battlefields despite truce
A group of Islamist militants on Saturday claimed it will continue to stay in the battlefields, which is in line with the orders issued by Libya`s expired parliament, Xinhua reported.
Tripoli: A group of Islamist militants on Saturday claimed it will continue to stay in the battlefields, which is in line with the orders issued by Libya`s expired parliament, Xinhua reported.
Earlier, militias affiliated with the Libya Dawn announced that it agreed to a ceasefire deal.
"We confirm that the forces of Libya Dawn in general, the leaders of the rebels involved with them, and the leaders of battlefields axes are fully committed to the commands of Nuri Abu Sahmain, the supreme commander of the Armed Forces and chairman of the General National Congress (GNC)," said the statement.
The militia group said in the statement that it would never comply with orders issued by other persons or local and military councils.
Islamist militia coalition in Libya Friday announced a ceasefire in the war-torn country.
"We, forces of Libya Dawn and forces of Sunrise operation, announce our agreement to a ceasefire to the operations of Libya Dawn and Sunrise, provided that the other party obligates to do so," militants of Libya Dawn said.
After taking control of the capital Tripoli in August 2014, forces of Libya Dawn revived the outgoing GNC, which formed a parallel government headed by the pro-Islamist Omar Hassi.
Since then, Libya suffered a political division with two rival governments and parliaments battling for legitimacy.
Meanwhile, fierce fighting and clashes have become a daily routine between rival militias in the oil-rich north African country.