‘Libya’s Moussa Koussa allegedly oversaw torture’
London: A Libyan who says he was detained
under Muammar Gaddafi`s rule has claimed that top-ranking
Libyan defector Moussa Koussa directly participated in his
The allegation raises questions about US and European
officials` decision to unfreeze the assets of the former
Libyan spymaster, whose defection to Britain in March helped
destabilise Gaddafi`s regime.
The former prisoner, Muftah Al Thawadi, told BBC
television that Koussa had shocked him with an electric rod
while he was held at Tripoli`s Abu Salim prison.
Another detainee told the BBC that Koussa knew of his
mistreatment and interrogated him after he was tortured.
The BBC also showed footage of its attempt to get comment
from Koussa in Qatar. He shoves a reporter when questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley