‘Libya’s Moussa Koussa allegedly oversaw torture’
London: A Libyan who says he was detained
under Muammar Gaddafi`s rule has claimed that top-ranking
Libyan defector Moussa Koussa directly participated in his
The allegation raises questions about US and European
officials` decision to unfreeze the assets of the former
Libyan spymaster, whose defection to Britain in March helped
destabilise Gaddafi`s regime.
The former prisoner, Muftah Al Thawadi, told BBC
television that Koussa had shocked him with an electric rod
while he was held at Tripoli`s Abu Salim prison.
Another detainee told the BBC that Koussa knew of his
mistreatment and interrogated him after he was tortured.
The BBC also showed footage of its attempt to get comment
from Koussa in Qatar. He shoves a reporter when questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read