`Libya`s NTC to be dismissed after poll results`
Tripoli: Head of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), Abdul Jalil, said on Saturday that the NTC will be dismissed after the results of the national congress election are published.
In a speech aired by Al-Jazeera TV channel, Jalil said that the NTC, established during last year`s civil war that toppled former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and currently ruling the North African country, will be officially dismissed after the results of Saturday`s national congress election are published.
"Libya will turn from a stage of transition towards a phase of rebuilding," Jalil said.
Libyans started to vote on Saturday morning for their first national congress election after the fall of Gaddafi. The polling is set to end at 20:00 pm local time (1800 GMT) on Saturday.
The 200-member national congress is expected to replace the NTC to supervise the government and oversee experts to draw up a new Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31