`Libya`s NTC to be dismissed after poll results`
Tripoli: Head of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), Abdul Jalil, said on Saturday that the NTC will be dismissed after the results of the national congress election are published.
In a speech aired by Al-Jazeera TV channel, Jalil said that the NTC, established during last year`s civil war that toppled former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and currently ruling the North African country, will be officially dismissed after the results of Saturday`s national congress election are published.
"Libya will turn from a stage of transition towards a phase of rebuilding," Jalil said.
Libyans started to vote on Saturday morning for their first national congress election after the fall of Gaddafi. The polling is set to end at 20:00 pm local time (1800 GMT) on Saturday.
The 200-member national congress is expected to replace the NTC to supervise the government and oversee experts to draw up a new Constitution.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'