`Libya`s NTC to be dismissed after poll results`
Tripoli: Head of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), Abdul Jalil, said on Saturday that the NTC will be dismissed after the results of the national congress election are published.
In a speech aired by Al-Jazeera TV channel, Jalil said that the NTC, established during last year`s civil war that toppled former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and currently ruling the North African country, will be officially dismissed after the results of Saturday`s national congress election are published.
"Libya will turn from a stage of transition towards a phase of rebuilding," Jalil said.
Libyans started to vote on Saturday morning for their first national congress election after the fall of Gaddafi. The polling is set to end at 20:00 pm local time (1800 GMT) on Saturday.
The 200-member national congress is expected to replace the NTC to supervise the government and oversee experts to draw up a new Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie