`Libya`s NTC to be dismissed after poll results`
Tripoli: Head of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), Abdul Jalil, said on Saturday that the NTC will be dismissed after the results of the national congress election are published.
In a speech aired by Al-Jazeera TV channel, Jalil said that the NTC, established during last year`s civil war that toppled former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and currently ruling the North African country, will be officially dismissed after the results of Saturday`s national congress election are published.
"Libya will turn from a stage of transition towards a phase of rebuilding," Jalil said.
Libyans started to vote on Saturday morning for their first national congress election after the fall of Gaddafi. The polling is set to end at 20:00 pm local time (1800 GMT) on Saturday.
The 200-member national congress is expected to replace the NTC to supervise the government and oversee experts to draw up a new Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145