`Libya`s NTC to be dismissed after poll results`
Tripoli: Head of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC), Abdul Jalil, said on Saturday that the NTC will be dismissed after the results of the national congress election are published.
In a speech aired by Al-Jazeera TV channel, Jalil said that the NTC, established during last year`s civil war that toppled former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and currently ruling the North African country, will be officially dismissed after the results of Saturday`s national congress election are published.
"Libya will turn from a stage of transition towards a phase of rebuilding," Jalil said.
Libyans started to vote on Saturday morning for their first national congress election after the fall of Gaddafi. The polling is set to end at 20:00 pm local time (1800 GMT) on Saturday.
The 200-member national congress is expected to replace the NTC to supervise the government and oversee experts to draw up a new Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?