Life on the Lindo: Maternity wing of choice for UK Royals
London: The Lindo Wing at St Mary`s Hospital in London, where Kate Middleton is due to give birth to a would-be British monarch was designed to provide "comfort and privacy".
This exclusive private unit has become the maternity wing of choice for Britain`s royals as Prince William and his brother Harry were born in the facility.
Kate, like Princess Diana before her, is now in a private en-suite room in the Lindo Wing, which describes itself as having offered "leading private obstetric and neonatal care for 60 years".
Each room has a satellite TV with major international channels, a radio, a safe, a bedside phone and a fridge, just in case one brings one`s own champagne.
There is wifi, of course, and choice of daily newspaper to catch up with news of the royal birth, British media reported.
And the Duchess, on her pre-birth dash to the hospital, would not have needed to worry about packing the shampoo: complementary toiletries are provided.
A menu offering kosher, halal and vegetarian meals is circulated, with the hospital insisting that all Lindo Wing meals are freshly cooked in a dedicated kitchen.
Guests are welcome to order their own meals, for an extra charge, although Prince William will be allowed breakfast gratis. The new father will also have been able to relax in a fully reclining chair in a post-natal room.
Beside these hotel-like luxuries, the hospital is experienced in catering for complex pregnancies and deliveries.
However, securing one of the 16 suites in the wing is not cheap.
A suite of two rooms, with one used as a living room, costs 6,265 pounds for a one-night stay with normal delivery and 2,200 pounds for each extra night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm