Life sentences for Jewish radical: Israel court
Jerusalem: An Israeli court delivered two consecutive life sentences to a US-born Jewish extremist for the murder of two Palestinians and the attempted murder of others.
The Jerusalem District Court sentenced Jack Teitel yesterday.
Originally from Florida, Teitel was living in the West Bank when arrested in 2009. He was convicted in January for the 1997 killings.
Teitel was given additional time for charges including weapon violations and incitement to violence. He was ordered to pay compensation to victims` families.
The indictment said Teitel sought to avenge the deaths of Israelis killed by Palestinians.
In addition to his Palestinian victims, Teitel also targeted a dovish Israeli professor and messianic Jews who venerate Jesus. A teenager was injured when opening a booby-trapped package.
The court rejected his insanity plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday