Lightning hits Vatican church after pope announces resignation
London: A lightning touched the roof of one of the holiest Catholic churches in the Vatican hours after Pope Benedict XVI`s announced his decision to quit.
Benedict announced his resignation in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals, calling it ‘a decision of great importance for the life of the church.’
He emphasised that carrying out the duties of being pope requires "both strength of mind and body."
According to the Daily Mirror, the lightning touched the dome of St. Peter`s Basilica after the Pope`s shock admission he lacks strength to do the job.
The Vatican stressed that no specific medical condition prompted Benedict`s decision to quit, the first pontiff to do so in 600 years.
The move surprised even his closest aides, even though Benedict, 85, had made clear in the past he would step down if he became too old or infirm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!