`Likely stray` rocket from Gaza wounds Egyptian soldier: officials
A rocket probably fired from the Gaza Strip hit Egypt`s Rafah border crossing with the embattled Palestinian enclave on Saturday, wounding a soldier, a security official said.
The rocket "was most likely fired from Gaza and fell into Egyptian territory by mistake," the official said. Hamas militants have fired more than 1,300 rockets at Israel from Gaza during the 12-day conflict.
Egypt usually keeps the crossing closed but has allowed in Palestinians from Gaza wounded in the Israeli bombardment, which has killed at least 342 Palestinians. Five Israelis have died in the conflict, three of them soldiers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'