Liu Xiaobo`s prison conditions improved after Nobel: Wife
Paris: Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo`s prison conditions improved significantly after he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, his wife said in an interview published Wednesday in the French online daily Mediapart.
"Things are much better for him now," Liu Xia said. "They treat him better, they give him better food. Liu Xiaobo even has a hotplate in his cell now."
Liu Xia said she wanted to travel to Oslo to pick up the award for her husband, but it would be very difficult.
"I have a passport, but I`m not allowed to leave my residence," she said. "And if I do make it to Norway, will they allow me back into China?"
Liu Xia has been confined to her apartment by police since she returned late Sunday from a meeting with her husband in the north-eastern city of Jinzhou, where Liu Xiaobo is serving an 11-year sentence for subversion.
She said that her husband had learned from his jailers, one day before she met with him, that he won the Nobel Peace Prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!