London`s Lord Mayor to visit India
London: David Wootten, the Lord Mayor of the City of London, will lead a 15-member business delegation to India Oct 7-10, authorities said.
The delegation will visit New Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai to explore opportunities for increased interaction in infrastructure financing, financial sector development, regulatory reform and dispute resolution.
The delegation includes senior representatives of major legal services firms, infrastructure experts, bankers, and financial and professional services specialists.
They will hold meetings with key policymakers, ministers, regulators and business leaders.
In New Delhi, the lord mayor plans to meet Indian ministers to discuss ways in which Britain and India can work more effectively together to deliver better outcomes for India`s infrastructure development and financial sector reforms.
In Chennai, he will discuss the "Tamil Nadu Vision 2023" with government officials.
The visit will conclude in Mumbai, where the lord mayor will meet officials of the Reserve Bank of India, and Confederation of Indian Industry president Adi Godrej.
"This visit comes at a time when India is at a crossroads. Recent plans for economic reform - including an opening up of the retail and aviation sectors - have added to the interest of foreign investors in India," the lord mayor said.
"Reform is a delicate process. Any reforms should open markets at a speed that allows the economy to develop so that it can provide long-term, lasting benefits for Indian society. We wait to see what the pace of change will be, and what this means for India`s business with Britain and the rest of the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter