London`s Lord Mayor to visit India
London: David Wootten, the Lord Mayor of the City of London, will lead a 15-member business delegation to India Oct 7-10, authorities said.
The delegation will visit New Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai to explore opportunities for increased interaction in infrastructure financing, financial sector development, regulatory reform and dispute resolution.
The delegation includes senior representatives of major legal services firms, infrastructure experts, bankers, and financial and professional services specialists.
They will hold meetings with key policymakers, ministers, regulators and business leaders.
In New Delhi, the lord mayor plans to meet Indian ministers to discuss ways in which Britain and India can work more effectively together to deliver better outcomes for India`s infrastructure development and financial sector reforms.
In Chennai, he will discuss the "Tamil Nadu Vision 2023" with government officials.
The visit will conclude in Mumbai, where the lord mayor will meet officials of the Reserve Bank of India, and Confederation of Indian Industry president Adi Godrej.
"This visit comes at a time when India is at a crossroads. Recent plans for economic reform - including an opening up of the retail and aviation sectors - have added to the interest of foreign investors in India," the lord mayor said.
"Reform is a delicate process. Any reforms should open markets at a speed that allows the economy to develop so that it can provide long-term, lasting benefits for Indian society. We wait to see what the pace of change will be, and what this means for India`s business with Britain and the rest of the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case