London`s Lord Mayor to visit India
London: David Wootten, the Lord Mayor of the City of London, will lead a 15-member business delegation to India Oct 7-10, authorities said.
The delegation will visit New Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai to explore opportunities for increased interaction in infrastructure financing, financial sector development, regulatory reform and dispute resolution.
The delegation includes senior representatives of major legal services firms, infrastructure experts, bankers, and financial and professional services specialists.
They will hold meetings with key policymakers, ministers, regulators and business leaders.
In New Delhi, the lord mayor plans to meet Indian ministers to discuss ways in which Britain and India can work more effectively together to deliver better outcomes for India`s infrastructure development and financial sector reforms.
In Chennai, he will discuss the "Tamil Nadu Vision 2023" with government officials.
The visit will conclude in Mumbai, where the lord mayor will meet officials of the Reserve Bank of India, and Confederation of Indian Industry president Adi Godrej.
"This visit comes at a time when India is at a crossroads. Recent plans for economic reform - including an opening up of the retail and aviation sectors - have added to the interest of foreign investors in India," the lord mayor said.
"Reform is a delicate process. Any reforms should open markets at a speed that allows the economy to develop so that it can provide long-term, lasting benefits for Indian society. We wait to see what the pace of change will be, and what this means for India`s business with Britain and the rest of the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued