Lord Ganesh found in the form of brinjal in UK
London: Dozens of devotees are flocking a makeshift temple set up by an Indian caterer in Leicester after he found a brinjal that looks like the Hindu God Ganesh.
61-year-old Praful Visram discovered the brinjal in a box of vegetables and now proudly displays in the backroom at his workplace, British tabloid `The Sun` reported.
He claims Ganesh has blessed him and he is simply honouring the divine wish by putting it on display.
"My wife, Rekha, saw it and recognised the similarity with Ganpati Bappa - Lord Ganesh. We immediately placed it with reverence in the temple at work. It has been a blessing for us and I hope will bring us luck and prosperity," Praful was quoted as saying by the paper.
"This has been sent to us and we shall treat this with the respect it deserves," said Praful, who runs a catering unit.
Nowadays, Praful and his family is joined by his catering staff twice a day to worship the divine vegetable.
He said word has spread and over 80 people have turned up to worship the elephant-faced aubergine. "It is spreading good feeling throughout the community," Praful added.
Devotees worshipping the vegetable believe it to be a reincarnation of Ganpati Bappa and have vowed to give the sacred brinjal a full Hindu funeral, once it decomposes and becomes too mouldy, the report said.
And one of Praful`s workers, Bacash said, "There is no doubt that it looks like the God. I pray in the temple at work every day and it gives me a good feeling."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened