Lord Mountbatten’s security guard awaiting pension in Pakistan
Islamabad: A man who joined the Pakistan Army on the very first day of independence in 1947 has been deprived of his pension for the last eight months, as the authority concerned has declared him dead in government documents.
Soldier Fakharuddin, 82, said that he had been receiving his pension since he got retirement in 1959, but it was blocked in April 2012 as the department concerned declared him dead.
He said that when he visited the department concerned for his pension in May this year, he came to know that he was not alive.
According to the Nation, he said he was shocked to learn that how a living person could be registered as dead.
Fakharuddin said that he had not received his pension since April and was suffering due to the negligence of the department concern as he had no other source of income.
Despite visiting the relevant department and making several humble requests, the officials were not ready to make correction in the documents to continue his pension.
He said that although he had taken his retirement in 1959, he took part in Indo-Pak war in 1965 and 1971, when he was called back by the Pakistan Army, the report said.
He said on the Independence Day he was deputed at Delhi Assembly as a security guard of Lord Mountbatten, who was the last Viceroy of India, and the first Governor-General of the independent Union of India (1947–48), it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof