Lord Mountbatten’s security guard awaiting pension in Pakistan
Islamabad: A man who joined the Pakistan Army on the very first day of independence in 1947 has been deprived of his pension for the last eight months, as the authority concerned has declared him dead in government documents.
Soldier Fakharuddin, 82, said that he had been receiving his pension since he got retirement in 1959, but it was blocked in April 2012 as the department concerned declared him dead.
He said that when he visited the department concerned for his pension in May this year, he came to know that he was not alive.
According to the Nation, he said he was shocked to learn that how a living person could be registered as dead.
Fakharuddin said that he had not received his pension since April and was suffering due to the negligence of the department concern as he had no other source of income.
Despite visiting the relevant department and making several humble requests, the officials were not ready to make correction in the documents to continue his pension.
He said that although he had taken his retirement in 1959, he took part in Indo-Pak war in 1965 and 1971, when he was called back by the Pakistan Army, the report said.
He said on the Independence Day he was deputed at Delhi Assembly as a security guard of Lord Mountbatten, who was the last Viceroy of India, and the first Governor-General of the independent Union of India (1947–48), it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!