Lord Paul conferred Life Time Achievement Award
London: Lord Swraj Paul, leading NRI industrialist, has been conferred with the Life Time Achievement award for his outstanding contributions in various fields.
The award, instituted by an Indian company Powerbrands, was presented to Lord Paul at the Mariott Hotel here last night by Subrata Roy, chief of the Sahara Group.
Accepting the award, Lord Paul, Chairman of the Caparo Group, dedicated it to the "ordinary people of India who have so little, but never complained."
Philanthropist and Labour politician, Lord Paul, 80, is the chancellor of the University of Wolverhampton and the University of Westminster.
Paul was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 1983. He was elevated to the British Peerage in 1996.
Earlier Raghupati Singhania of J K Tyres was given the Powerbrands Hall of Fame Award.
Receiving the award Dr Singhania said "I am humbled by the honour. The award is a recognition of the hard work of my team of 1000s employees."
Abijit Sarkar of Sahara Parivar received the most iconic communications brand of the year award.
Anup Saxena, a leader in Health Care sector in India, received the Corporate Leader of the Year award in the Health Care category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH