Lord Paul conferred Life Time Achievement Award
London: Lord Swraj Paul, leading NRI industrialist, has been conferred with the Life Time Achievement award for his outstanding contributions in various fields.
The award, instituted by an Indian company Powerbrands, was presented to Lord Paul at the Mariott Hotel here last night by Subrata Roy, chief of the Sahara Group.
Accepting the award, Lord Paul, Chairman of the Caparo Group, dedicated it to the "ordinary people of India who have so little, but never complained."
Philanthropist and Labour politician, Lord Paul, 80, is the chancellor of the University of Wolverhampton and the University of Westminster.
Paul was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 1983. He was elevated to the British Peerage in 1996.
Earlier Raghupati Singhania of J K Tyres was given the Powerbrands Hall of Fame Award.
Receiving the award Dr Singhania said "I am humbled by the honour. The award is a recognition of the hard work of my team of 1000s employees."
Abijit Sarkar of Sahara Parivar received the most iconic communications brand of the year award.
Anup Saxena, a leader in Health Care sector in India, received the Corporate Leader of the Year award in the Health Care category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad