Lord Paul for tough law against rape
Geneva: Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul on Saturday offered his condolences to the Delhi gangrape victim, who died in a Singapore hospital, and said the least the government can do now is to toughen the law against such heinous crimes.
The brutal rape of the 23-year-old girl has shocked the whole world and had also underlined the need for speedy justice, he said.
"It is obvious that the law against such offences has to be strengthened and swift action taken so that it acts as a deterrent," Lord Paul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ