Lord Paul for tough law against rape
Geneva: Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul on Saturday offered his condolences to the Delhi gangrape victim, who died in a Singapore hospital, and said the least the government can do now is to toughen the law against such heinous crimes.
The brutal rape of the 23-year-old girl has shocked the whole world and had also underlined the need for speedy justice, he said.
"It is obvious that the law against such offences has to be strengthened and swift action taken so that it acts as a deterrent," Lord Paul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh