Lord Paul for tough law against rape
Geneva: Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul on Saturday offered his condolences to the Delhi gangrape victim, who died in a Singapore hospital, and said the least the government can do now is to toughen the law against such heinous crimes.
The brutal rape of the 23-year-old girl has shocked the whole world and had also underlined the need for speedy justice, he said.
"It is obvious that the law against such offences has to be strengthened and swift action taken so that it acts as a deterrent," Lord Paul said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan