Louvre workers walk off job over pickpockets
Paris: Paris` famed Louvre museum has been closed after workers walked off the job to protest what they say is the increasing problem of pickpockets at work in the museum`s vast galleries.
Louvre spokeswoman Sophie Grange said the museum, which normally attracts up to 30,000 visitors a day at this time of year, did not open today. She was unable to say when the museum would reopen or provide a figure for the number of pickpocketing victims at the museum.
The Louvre claims to be the world`s most visited museum, with nearly 10 million visitors last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences