Louvre workers walk off job over pickpockets
Paris: Paris` famed Louvre museum has been closed after workers walked off the job to protest what they say is the increasing problem of pickpockets at work in the museum`s vast galleries.
Louvre spokeswoman Sophie Grange said the museum, which normally attracts up to 30,000 visitors a day at this time of year, did not open today. She was unable to say when the museum would reopen or provide a figure for the number of pickpocketing victims at the museum.
The Louvre claims to be the world`s most visited museum, with nearly 10 million visitors last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read