Magistrates in Italy protest Berlusconi`s comments
Rome: Magistrates throughout Italy are protesting Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s latest attack against the judiciary.
Berlusconi said earlier this week that "communist prosecutors and communist judges in Milan" are persecuting him for a political vendetta. Berlusconi has a history of legal woes stemming from his business interests in Milan before he entered politics in the mid-1990s.
The association of Italy`s magistrates has denounced Berlusconi`s comments as "groundless and ridiculous". It announced assemblies today in courtrooms across Italy and said it is considering a strike.
Milan prosecutor Alfredo Robledo said if magistrates are "red" it is for the blood they have spilled defending the law and Italy`s Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey