Magistrates in Italy protest Berlusconi`s comments
Rome: Magistrates throughout Italy are protesting Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s latest attack against the judiciary.
Berlusconi said earlier this week that "communist prosecutors and communist judges in Milan" are persecuting him for a political vendetta. Berlusconi has a history of legal woes stemming from his business interests in Milan before he entered politics in the mid-1990s.
The association of Italy`s magistrates has denounced Berlusconi`s comments as "groundless and ridiculous". It announced assemblies today in courtrooms across Italy and said it is considering a strike.
Milan prosecutor Alfredo Robledo said if magistrates are "red" it is for the blood they have spilled defending the law and Italy`s Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor