Magistrates in Italy protest Berlusconi`s comments
Rome: Magistrates throughout Italy are protesting Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s latest attack against the judiciary.
Berlusconi said earlier this week that "communist prosecutors and communist judges in Milan" are persecuting him for a political vendetta. Berlusconi has a history of legal woes stemming from his business interests in Milan before he entered politics in the mid-1990s.
The association of Italy`s magistrates has denounced Berlusconi`s comments as "groundless and ridiculous". It announced assemblies today in courtrooms across Italy and said it is considering a strike.
Milan prosecutor Alfredo Robledo said if magistrates are "red" it is for the blood they have spilled defending the law and Italy`s Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested