Magistrates in Italy protest Berlusconi`s comments
Rome: Magistrates throughout Italy are protesting Premier Silvio Berlusconi`s latest attack against the judiciary.
Berlusconi said earlier this week that "communist prosecutors and communist judges in Milan" are persecuting him for a political vendetta. Berlusconi has a history of legal woes stemming from his business interests in Milan before he entered politics in the mid-1990s.
The association of Italy`s magistrates has denounced Berlusconi`s comments as "groundless and ridiculous". It announced assemblies today in courtrooms across Italy and said it is considering a strike.
Milan prosecutor Alfredo Robledo said if magistrates are "red" it is for the blood they have spilled defending the law and Italy`s Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic