Magnitude-5.3 earthquake hits Costa Rica
Mexico City: Seismologists say a magnitude-5.3 earthquake has shaken Costa Rica. There are no immediate reports of damage.
The US Geological Survey says the quake occurred at 6:19 am (8:19 EST; 12:19 GMT) and was centered 14 kilometers north-northeast of the town of Nicoya. The epicenter was about 35 kilometers below the surface.
The agency originally calculated the magnitude as 5.8 but later revised it downward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends