Magnitude 5.3 quake off Greek islands, no injuries
Athens: Greek authorities say an earthquake
with preliminary 5.3-magnitude has shaken the southern Aegean
Sea islands, but no injuries or damage has been reported.
The Athens Geodynamic Institute says the undersea
earthquake occurred today between the popular tourist resort
islands of Santorini and Crete, some 244 kilometres southeast
Greece is in one of the world`s seismically active areas.
Out of the hundreds of quakes that occur every year, very
few cause injuries or damage, although a strong earthquake on
the outskirts of Athens in 1999 killed 143 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday