Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes off Vancouver Island
Seattle: A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck off Vancouver Island on Saturday, some 209 miles west of Victoria, the capital of the Canadian province of British Columbia, the US Geological Survey said.
There was a report on the USGS website of the quake centred in the Pacific Ocean being felt in Vancouver, the largest city in British Columbia.
The quake struck at 12:05 pm local time, the USGS said.
There was no danger of a tsunami from the earthquake, and there have been no reports of damage, said seismologist Shengzao Chen of the USGS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire