Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes off Vancouver Island
Seattle: A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck off Vancouver Island on Saturday, some 209 miles west of Victoria, the capital of the Canadian province of British Columbia, the US Geological Survey said.
There was a report on the USGS website of the quake centred in the Pacific Ocean being felt in Vancouver, the largest city in British Columbia.
The quake struck at 12:05 pm local time, the USGS said.
There was no danger of a tsunami from the earthquake, and there have been no reports of damage, said seismologist Shengzao Chen of the USGS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days