Magnitude 6.0 quake hits South Pacific near Fiji
New York: An earthquake has struck about 140 miles (230 kilometres) east of the capital of Fiji. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The US Geological Survey says the magnitude-6.0 quake struck on Thursday at a depth of 380 miles (611 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not immediately issue a tsunami alert.
The region lies on the "Ring of Fire" — an arc of earthquake and volcanic zones that stretches around the Pacific Rim. About 90 percent of the world`s quakes occur in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation