Magnitude 6.0 quake hits South Pacific near Fiji
New York: An earthquake has struck about 140 miles (230 kilometres) east of the capital of Fiji. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The US Geological Survey says the magnitude-6.0 quake struck on Thursday at a depth of 380 miles (611 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not immediately issue a tsunami alert.
The region lies on the "Ring of Fire" — an arc of earthquake and volcanic zones that stretches around the Pacific Rim. About 90 percent of the world`s quakes occur in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed