Magnitude 6.0 quake hits South Pacific near Fiji
New York: An earthquake has struck about 140 miles (230 kilometres) east of the capital of Fiji. There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The US Geological Survey says the magnitude-6.0 quake struck on Thursday at a depth of 380 miles (611 kilometres).
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not immediately issue a tsunami alert.
The region lies on the "Ring of Fire" — an arc of earthquake and volcanic zones that stretches around the Pacific Rim. About 90 percent of the world`s quakes occur in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report