Magnitude 6.2 earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
Canberra: The US Geological Survey says a
magnitude 6.2 earthquake has rattled the South Pacific island
nation of Papua New Guinea.
No casualties or damage was immediately reported.
The US Geological Survey statement said the quake struck
today evening under the northwest island of New Britain.
Simon Allen, senior meteorologist from Australia`s
National Meteorological and Oceanographic Center, said the
quake was too small to trigger a tsunami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report