Magnitude 6.2 earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
Canberra: The US Geological Survey says a
magnitude 6.2 earthquake has rattled the South Pacific island
nation of Papua New Guinea.
No casualties or damage was immediately reported.
The US Geological Survey statement said the quake struck
today evening under the northwest island of New Britain.
Simon Allen, senior meteorologist from Australia`s
National Meteorological and Oceanographic Center, said the
quake was too small to trigger a tsunami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi