Magnitude 6.2 earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
Canberra: The US Geological Survey says a
magnitude 6.2 earthquake has rattled the South Pacific island
nation of Papua New Guinea.
No casualties or damage was immediately reported.
The US Geological Survey statement said the quake struck
today evening under the northwest island of New Britain.
Simon Allen, senior meteorologist from Australia`s
National Meteorological and Oceanographic Center, said the
quake was too small to trigger a tsunami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her