Magnitude 6.2 earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
Canberra: The US Geological Survey says a
magnitude 6.2 earthquake has rattled the South Pacific island
nation of Papua New Guinea.
No casualties or damage was immediately reported.
The US Geological Survey statement said the quake struck
today evening under the northwest island of New Britain.
Simon Allen, senior meteorologist from Australia`s
National Meteorological and Oceanographic Center, said the
quake was too small to trigger a tsunami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch