Magnitude 6.3 quake off Canada`s west coast
Vancouver: A magnitude 6.2 earthquake has struck off the west coast of Canada but no damage has been reported. There was no tsunami warning issued.
Natural Resources Canada said on Wednesday night the tremor occurred off Vancouver Island in the Pacific ocean, 85 miles (137 kilometres) southwest of Port Alice, British Columbia.
A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the west coast of Canada on October 28, but there were no reports of major damage.
Residents in some communities in British Columbia were evacuated, but the province escaped the biggest quake in Canada since 1949 unscathed.
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake rocked Guatemala earlier Wednesday, killing at least 48 people in two provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17