Magnitude 6.3 quake off Canada`s west coast
Vancouver: A magnitude 6.2 earthquake has struck off the west coast of Canada but no damage has been reported. There was no tsunami warning issued.
Natural Resources Canada said on Wednesday night the tremor occurred off Vancouver Island in the Pacific ocean, 85 miles (137 kilometres) southwest of Port Alice, British Columbia.
A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the west coast of Canada on October 28, but there were no reports of major damage.
Residents in some communities in British Columbia were evacuated, but the province escaped the biggest quake in Canada since 1949 unscathed.
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake rocked Guatemala earlier Wednesday, killing at least 48 people in two provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`