Magnitude 6.3 quake off Canada`s west coast
Vancouver: A magnitude 6.2 earthquake has struck off the west coast of Canada but no damage has been reported. There was no tsunami warning issued.
Natural Resources Canada said on Wednesday night the tremor occurred off Vancouver Island in the Pacific ocean, 85 miles (137 kilometres) southwest of Port Alice, British Columbia.
A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the west coast of Canada on October 28, but there were no reports of major damage.
Residents in some communities in British Columbia were evacuated, but the province escaped the biggest quake in Canada since 1949 unscathed.
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake rocked Guatemala earlier Wednesday, killing at least 48 people in two provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29