Magnitude 6.3 quake off Canada`s west coast
Vancouver: A magnitude 6.2 earthquake has struck off the west coast of Canada but no damage has been reported. There was no tsunami warning issued.
Natural Resources Canada said on Wednesday night the tremor occurred off Vancouver Island in the Pacific ocean, 85 miles (137 kilometres) southwest of Port Alice, British Columbia.
A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck off the west coast of Canada on October 28, but there were no reports of major damage.
Residents in some communities in British Columbia were evacuated, but the province escaped the biggest quake in Canada since 1949 unscathed.
A 7.4-magnitude earthquake rocked Guatemala earlier Wednesday, killing at least 48 people in two provinces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...