Mahmoud Abbas attends AU summit, reiterates position on Israel
Addis Ababa: Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas Sunday attended the African Union Summit as a special guest and reiterated the call for Israel`s withdrawal from occupied territory.
Abbas was speaking in Addis Ababa during the opening of the 20th African Union Summit at which some 40 African heads of state and government and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon were present, reported Xinhua.
While on his first visit to Africa after the admission of Palestine into the UN with an observer status through the support of the African countries, the Palestinian leader reaffirmed his opposition and that of all the Palestinian people to the illegal occupation and colonization carried out by Israel on the Middle-East territory.
"The continued colonization only reflects a racist and an apartheid regime that is applied on the Palestine territory," Abbas said.
He called for the stoppage of the occupation policy, the release of Palestinian prisoners in Israel, the withdrawal of the Israeli forces from the occupied territory and the termination of the policy of confiscating Palestinian taxes by its powerful neighboring state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read