Mahmoud Abbas says he won`t run for re-election
Ramallah: The Palestinian president said
Wednesday he won`t run for re-election.
This is the first time Mahmoud Abbas has said
explicitly he won`t seek another term.
In a speech today to political allies, Abbas also said
he is willing to travel to the Gaza Strip to promote
reconciliation between the feuding Palestinian territories and
form a united government.
Abbas` plan includes new elections within six months.
But he says he wouldn`t run for president again.
However, it`s not clear that elections will be held
because Abbas says they cannot take place if the West Bank and
Gaza don`t reunite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan