Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may attend Hugo Chavez`s funeral
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he may attend the state funeral of late Venezuelan President Hugh Chavez to be held on Friday.
Iran`s official IRNA news agency said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a press conference in the capital Tehran after a meeting of his government.
He called Chavez "a dear friend of Iran", "symbol of all the brave fighters and revolutionaries of Latin America" and "an anti-imperialist figurehead".
Chavez died at the age of 58 after being ill with cancer for more than a year. He served as Venezuela`s president for 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog