Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may attend Hugo Chavez`s funeral
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he may attend the state funeral of late Venezuelan President Hugh Chavez to be held on Friday.
Iran`s official IRNA news agency said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a press conference in the capital Tehran after a meeting of his government.
He called Chavez "a dear friend of Iran", "symbol of all the brave fighters and revolutionaries of Latin America" and "an anti-imperialist figurehead".
Chavez died at the age of 58 after being ill with cancer for more than a year. He served as Venezuela`s president for 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan