Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may attend Hugo Chavez`s funeral
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he may attend the state funeral of late Venezuelan President Hugh Chavez to be held on Friday.
Iran`s official IRNA news agency said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a press conference in the capital Tehran after a meeting of his government.
He called Chavez "a dear friend of Iran", "symbol of all the brave fighters and revolutionaries of Latin America" and "an anti-imperialist figurehead".
Chavez died at the age of 58 after being ill with cancer for more than a year. He served as Venezuela`s president for 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das