Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may attend Hugo Chavez`s funeral
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he may attend the state funeral of late Venezuelan President Hugh Chavez to be held on Friday.
Iran`s official IRNA news agency said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a press conference in the capital Tehran after a meeting of his government.
He called Chavez "a dear friend of Iran", "symbol of all the brave fighters and revolutionaries of Latin America" and "an anti-imperialist figurehead".
Chavez died at the age of 58 after being ill with cancer for more than a year. He served as Venezuela`s president for 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers