Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may attend Hugo Chavez`s funeral
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said he may attend the state funeral of late Venezuelan President Hugh Chavez to be held on Friday.
Iran`s official IRNA news agency said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a press conference in the capital Tehran after a meeting of his government.
He called Chavez "a dear friend of Iran", "symbol of all the brave fighters and revolutionaries of Latin America" and "an anti-imperialist figurehead".
Chavez died at the age of 58 after being ill with cancer for more than a year. He served as Venezuela`s president for 14 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch