Major 7.6 earthquake on Mexico Pacific coast
Mexico City: A major 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck 120 miles east of Acapulco on Mexico`s Pacific coast, the US Geological Survey said on Tuesday.
The USGS located the epicenter of the quake at 15 miles east of Ometepec in Guerrero state at a depth of 10.9 miles.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the inland earthquake would not generate a destructive widespread tsunami, but there was the possibility of some local tsunami effects.
The quake was felt in Mexico City where buildings shook and office employees fled into the street, according to a Reuters witnesses. Cell phone lines were down and traffic snarled in the capital moments after the quake.
No damage was reported in Oaxaca, near where the quake hit, according to local television.
Earlier it had been reported at 7.9 magnitude and initially as 7.6 magnitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage