Major power blackout hits Syrian capital
Damascus: A major blackout blanketed the Syrian capital of Damascus Wednesday, which appeared to be caused by damage in key power lines.
The capital`s residents have become accustomed to such frequent power outages, as the country`s 29-month crisis has damaged the infrastructure of the country, Xinhua reported.
The Syrian government blamed "armed terrorist groups" for the previous outages. Yet, the state media outlets haven`t reported the reasons behind the current outage that struck the capital since the early hours of Wednesday.
In January 2012, rebels attacked a key power line near Damascus, causing a blackout in the capital and much of southern Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?