Major power blackout hits Syrian capital
Damascus: A major blackout blanketed the Syrian capital of Damascus Wednesday, which appeared to be caused by damage in key power lines.
The capital`s residents have become accustomed to such frequent power outages, as the country`s 29-month crisis has damaged the infrastructure of the country, Xinhua reported.
The Syrian government blamed "armed terrorist groups" for the previous outages. Yet, the state media outlets haven`t reported the reasons behind the current outage that struck the capital since the early hours of Wednesday.
In January 2012, rebels attacked a key power line near Damascus, causing a blackout in the capital and much of southern Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP