Major power blackout hits Syrian capital
Damascus: A major blackout blanketed the Syrian capital of Damascus Wednesday, which appeared to be caused by damage in key power lines.
The capital`s residents have become accustomed to such frequent power outages, as the country`s 29-month crisis has damaged the infrastructure of the country, Xinhua reported.
The Syrian government blamed "armed terrorist groups" for the previous outages. Yet, the state media outlets haven`t reported the reasons behind the current outage that struck the capital since the early hours of Wednesday.
In January 2012, rebels attacked a key power line near Damascus, causing a blackout in the capital and much of southern Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'